Co-Founder of Law Firm SEO Company, custom legal marketingwhich focuses on strategies in the highly competitive field of practice.
Personal injury law firms often reflect on their successes in December and January and plan to increase signatures in the following year. If personal injury law firms are looking for inspiration, here are 5 ways to use search engine optimization to jump-start lead generation.
Step 1: Think like a client, not a lawyer.
Whether you’re just getting started with law firm SEO or have an established digital marketing strategy, your content should always be reviewed. You may have heard that “quality content is the key”, but what exactly is “quality content”?
Creating quality content basically boils down to three things:
• Is it relevant to the type of injury cases you want to attract?
• Are you answering the actual questions the client is asking, or are you just writing the page because you’ve seen your competitors writing something similar?
• Is your method of explaining complex legal issues easier for users to understand than anything else on the web?
Lawyers often prefer to dive into the nuances of the law and start with legal knowledge at the top of the page. The first thing they want to know is:
• Do you have a case?
• Are you competent, experienced and successful?
Once you have that established, ask questions about how the state handles certain types of injuries, who can sue, how long it will take, whether there are limits on coverage, statutes of limitations, etc. You can dive into more detailed information, such as answering. That’s great knowledge to share on your website. However, we’ll start with the basics and let the reader decide if they want more detail. Dive too deep into the law too quickly and the reader will get lost and look elsewhere.
Step 2: Diversify your content. Content is more than words.
Most companies think of content as just the written word. But content goes far beyond blogs, pages, and Q&A. Video, audio, illustrations and presentations are all types of content.
In 2022, we will branch. Create an infographic showing the timeline of a personal injury lawsuit. Create a series of short videos that answer questions commonly asked during consultations. Consider starting a podcast. All of this content is not only useful for your website visitors, but it can also be a powerful link building tool.
Step 3: Check your Google Business Profile quarterly.
There is nothing static under Google’s large umbrella. Google Business (formerly Google My Business) is no exception. Google is always adding features, but if neither you nor your law firm’s SEO firm is keeping up, you’re missing out on an opportunity.
Things to check are:
• Make sure your service area covers all cities and towns. If you list only the cities where you have offices, you may miss exposure.
• Update business hours to include holidays and special events.
• Make sure you are using the ‘Services’ function. As a personal injury attorney, that means adding service categories like “truck accidents, car accidents, workers’ compensation, etc.” “Personal Injury Lawyer” is not enough.
• Take advantage of the booking link option. This is your opportunity to send prospects directly to your contact form or appointment scheduling app.
• Enable call history. This is a relatively new feature that helps you track calls made from your Google Business Profile.
• Sync your blog with Google Posts.
Step 4: Get more reviews
Make review requests a company-wide policy. Unlike other areas of law that are stigmatized (bankruptcy, criminal defense, etc.), personal injury clients are often willing to share their positive experiences after receiving a settlement or award. Maintaining a steady stream of reviews to your Google listing can improve your rankings and market your company to future customers. You can never have too many reviews.
Step 5: Treat every page of your site like your home page.
Law firm marketing companies often give the home page a lot of care and attention before providing a basic template for the second page. This is a big mistake! Someone searching for a car accident attorney or workers’ compensation attorney may not land on your home page. They land on your auto accident and workers compensation pages.
Every entry page on your site can be someone’s first impression of your law firm. On every page, give the same attention to detail and user experience as on the home page.
The past two years have been difficult, but the world is opening up and becoming more active, and by 2022 pandemics may be a thing of the past. This year may be the year your accident insurance company thrives through his SEO.
The Forbes Agency Council is an invite-only community for executives from successful public relations, media strategy, creative and advertising agencies. am i eligible?