Enterprise SEO platform vendors offer a number of features.These are from keyword research
Backlink analysis and acquisition and rank tracking to competitor information and content
Most of the vendors featured in Enterprise SEO Platforms: A Marketer’s Guide offer the following core features:
- Keyword research and rank tracking;
- page-level SEO analysis;
- content optimization analysis;
- Analysis and retrieval/removal of links (also known as backlinks);
- site error detection;
- market share of organic search traffic;
- competitive analysis;
- international search results and rank tracking;
- internal cross-linking; and
- APIs for integrating and managing third-party data and exporting to other analytics tools.
Enterprise-level platforms may also offer more extensive link and site audits or analytics, including predictive scoring systems to identify potential opportunities to improve page performance and link authority.
Vendors differentiate themselves by offering more frequent or detailed data updates and content marketing capabilities that may require additional investment. These more advanced features include, but are not limited to:
- Daily or real-time site crawl.
- Features for managing adjacent areas such as PPC and social media marketing.
- Search for intent-based analytics, possibly including artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Universal search rankings incorporating featured snippets, knowledge panels, reviews, local packs, images, top stories, videos, related questions, carousels, tweets, and other dynamic displays.
- Analyze and manage your Google Shopping feed.
- Content marketing analytics and performance tools.
- Quality analysis of on-page content.
- Competitive intelligence and benchmarking.
- Identifying technical issues that can affect rankings (e.g. broken pages, slow page loads, duplicate content, excessive redirects).
- Cross-device attribution.
Here are nine key features of an enterprise SEO platform:
1. Link analysis and retrieval
Links continue to be one of the most important external or “out of page” signals that help a website improve its search engine rankings.
Most enterprise SEO platforms offer link analysis (i.e. which sites are linking to your site), competitive analysis recommendations for building or removing links, and opportunities to obtain links (i.e. which sites are linking from should be sought). base platform.
2. Keyword research and rank analysis
Keyword research – what terms people use to find your website, how your pages rank in different queries, how you should use those terms in your copy Knowing is a pillar of effective SEO.
Virtually all enterprise SEO platforms offer keyword research tools that allow marketers to discover how consumers search for content and which keywords are driving competitors’ traffic.
However, vendors source this data differently.
As a result, reliable keyword data has become a less valuable commodity and more expensive.
It’s also important to note that rank analysis is becoming increasingly complex as Google increasingly uses more dynamic and visual SERPs.
Marketers are no longer content with simply specifying a number to rank a page for a given query. I would like to know if it shows up in carousels, knowledge panels, sitelinks, or any other way crawled content shows up in her SERP.
Brands want to know how their brand-related activity generally appears in search, even if it takes place on a third-party site. That’s why providers have come up with their own formulas for calculating their “share of voice” in search.
3. Analysis based on search intent
Powered by artificial intelligence, Google’s search algorithms often don’t focus on keywords.
For example, search intent matches.
To address the shortage of keyword data, SEO platform vendors are further developing tools that analyze search intent and predict or recommend the most relevant content to meet searcher needs.
4. Custom Site Crawl/Audit
With content quality becoming a cornerstone of many marketers’ SEO strategies, site crawling or auditing is an important tool provided by enterprise SEO platform vendors.
Some platforms offer optimization recommendations for keywords, page structure, and crawlability. We often prioritize and assign scores to elements such as HTML title tags, body tags, and meta tags.
Many enterprise SEO platforms offer daily site crawls. Some provide real-time technical data, while others provide weekly updates.
Ideally, the tool should be able to crawl the entire site, not just random pages. However, some enterprise sites are so large that it’s not practical to expect tools to crawl the entire site.
5. Content marketing and analytics
SEO and content marketing have gone hand in hand as Google has raised the bar for content quality with artificial intelligence and regular algorithm updates. As a result, relevant and up-to-date content has become essential to SEO success.
Many vendors have upgraded the content optimization and content marketing capabilities of their enterprise SEO platforms and extended the content marketing capabilities of their tools. These include:
- A page management tool or API for monitoring content and errors on the page.
- Reports on content performance and traffic trends.
- Influencer identification and campaign management.
- Real-time content recommendations.
More advanced platforms measure the depth and quality of your content by performing topical analysis of your content and comparing it to your competitors to identify potentially significant gaps and make recommendations for improvement. Run analytics to help you improve.
One new area that vendors are investing in is the ability to automatically and proactively suggest topics on which marketers should create content. This saves you from having to spend a lot of time analyzing. Targeting is also something that helps him develop the types of content that appear in keyword queries.
6. International search tracking
International search coverage has become an important feature as the global economy drives US-based businesses to do business online and offline in multiple countries and languages.
Nearly all enterprise SEO platforms featured in this report offer some degree of international search coverage across borders, languages and alphabets.
This functionality includes international keyword research, integration of global market and search volume data into the platform, and integration of global CPC currency data.
7. Mobile/local analysis
Google’s search engine updates are increasingly focused on improving the mobile/local search user experience.
Mobile-friendly sites are now a staple in the SEO game, but in the COVID-19 era, visibility on local listings has become more important, with e-commerce and digital communication between local retailers and restaurants. We were able to grow and meet demand. For BOPIS and curbside delivery.
8. Technical SEO Crawl
Given that marketers rank technical SEO fixes as a top priority, tools that identify technical issues that may be hampering ranking performance are invaluable. These include things like:
- Pages load slowly.
- Schema markup implementation.
- Identify crawling issues.
- Crawl budget allocation.
- Flag duplicate URLs and canonical issues.
9. Cross-device attribution
Recognizing that SEO is only one aspect of a brand’s marketing efforts, and that search traffic (especially branded keywords) is impacted by paid media, some vendors are willing to help marketers determine which marketing initiatives lead to site visits and sales. We’re developing features to help you determine what’s driving
However, this is becoming more difficult as third-party cookies are no longer supported by many companies.
A complete report on Enterprise SEO Tools is available here
What’s New in Search Engine Land