We are looking for 1 or 2 digital marketing interns depending on the applicant’s qualifications. Digital/social media engagement When Search engine optimization (SEO) During the Spring 2023 semester. Interns in this paid position will support the business goals of increasing reach and engagement among youth in our 12 county coverage areas. This is a unique opportunity to combine your interests in marketing and journalism.
Spring 2023 internships are 10 to 20 hours per week during normal working hours (9am to 4:30pm). Full-time co-ops 35 hours per week may also be available. These tasks described below can be performed by the same intern or by different interns, depending on the intern’s needs and goals.
what you do
Specifically, you will work under the direction of a Digital Marketing Specialist or similar. courier Staff to help expand audience reach and engagement through social media marketing/web content strategy efforts. It looks like this:
- We help you execute reader engagement and user-generated content campaigns.
- Create social media and web marketing content to support regular news and feature stories and serve as a supplement to build interest.
- Write simple news style articles to display on website/email marketing/print.
- Assist in developing measurement strategies to evaluate these efforts.
We are also looking for an intern to dive into the world of search engine marketing and help with SEO related tasks such as:
- Analyze industry search trends, including keyword and audience trending
- Create and enter effective metadata (descriptions, focus keyphrases, etc.) for website news content to engage readers
- Assist with regular updates of the website’s calendar
- Requesting backlinks and similar related SEO tasks
what you get
- Hands-on experience and the opportunity to influence your digital marketing efforts.
- Enter the world of content marketing and SEO in the context of supporting local journalism.
- Depending on your interests and abilities, you may receive bylined articles on news sites.
- Experience using industry standard SEO tools such as Moz Pro and Yoast.
- Experience reporting on marketing success metrics and explaining how your efforts impact organizational strategy.
what to bring to the table
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, marketing, business, or related fields from an accredited four-year university.
- Good writing skills to create concise and professional content.
- An understanding of how to tailor communications for different purposes and audiences.
- Ability to give direction, work autonomously and use critical thinking.
- Creativity, resourcefulness, attention to detail, organization.
- You have touched on basic search engine optimization/search engine marketing principles.
- Familiarity with religious terminology, especially of the Catholic Church.
better to have
- short video production skills
- Ability to speak, read and write Spanish
- Knowledge of AP style and willingness to learn Catholic news style quickly
- Experience with digital marketing tools such as Google Ads, Moz Pro, WordPress
Submit a resume and cover letter demonstrating your current experience and qualifications to Heidi Huntington. courier Digital Marketing Specialist, Heidi.Huntington@catholiccourier.com. You can also contact Heidi if you have any questions about internships or qualifications.
of catholic courier When El Mensahero Catolico Provides award-winning journalistic coverage of the people, ministries, issues and lives of the Rochester Parish and local Hispanic community. Founded in 1889 catholic courier The print edition reaches over 92,000 Catholic families in 12 New York counties (with over 171,000 readers), plus more than 40,000 monthly visitors to CatholicCourier.com and ElMensajeroRochester.com. Today, as the centralization of the news media advances, catholic courier When El Mensajero It provides the kind of community-level news coverage that’s hard to find elsewhere, but very important for strengthening the community.