Yoast SEO today releases version 20.0 of its popular SEO WordPress plugin. The big change is the new user interface in Yoast SEO’s settings section. The release is available today for users using his Yoast SEO on their WordPress sites.
what’s new Here is the list of changes in the Yoast SEO settings interface:
- The sleek, modern interface makes it easier, more intuitive and fun to use, the company says.
- Helpful information and guidance on best practices for every feature, toggle, and setting. Get actionable SEO recommendations to increase your traffic.
- A simple search feature to help you find the most important SEO settings. No more clicking multiple tabs to find what you need.
- Detailed SEO controls for all templates and page types. Control how your site appears in search results and social media.
- Take control of how Yoast SEO integrates with other plugins and software and discover new integration opportunities.
- Advanced settings to manage crawling and indexing. From meta tags to structured data and beyond.
Details from the Yoast founder. “We felt that the default WordPress admin design no longer suited us. Our product team was desperate to take our experience to the next level. was holding us back a bit in that sense, as there hadn’t been any progress in management interfaces other than Gutenberg in years,” said Joost de Valk, founder of Yoast.
what is it like Below is a screenshot of the feature screen of the new settings interface.
Here’s the post content type screen in the new settings interface:
why you care. If you use Yoast, you may notice these changes when Yoast SEO is updated. However, users shouldn’t notice any changes in the Post interface, at least not yet, Yoast said. These changes will be deployed later.
What’s New in Search Engine Land